The Navajo Transitional Energy Company requested for Koveva to determine productive ways to utilize carbon dioxide that is otherwise emitted to the atmosphere from point sources. A three phase project was launched to evaluate multiple end uses of carbon dioxide, including, but not limited to, enhanced oil recovery, carbon capture and storage, enhanced coal bed methane production, and algae growth.
• CO2 that is released from the atmosphere from point sources
• Enhanced oil recovery operations
• Carbon capture and storage operations
• Algae grow facilities
• Coal bed methane production operations.
• Injection wells
• Reservoir simulation
• Plant biology
• Government (tax incentives)